Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Throwback// Fairy Tales.

Someday you will be old enough to start reading Fairy Tales again. - C.S. Lewis


Lucky for me, Fairy Tales are engrossed in a unit that we do in Kindergarten! What person doesn't want to read fairy tales and talk about what they mean with a 5 year old? It's a fun week and we get to do some neat activities while learning!


I had our kiddos save their milk cartons and we used these to make the houses from the Three Little Pigs! It was adorable and the students loved being able to work together (aka, FIGHT) for which was theirs and who could stick the most on their houses. It was hilarious to see how much straw actually fit on their cartons! Poor babies!


Then,  we made our own story board using file folders and their coloring of the three pigs. They loved being able to use their wolf to blooooowwww all the houses down. My favorite moment was seeing these kids use their re-telling skills to share and discuss the story! 


Towards the end of the week, we made these pig noses out of egg cartons. It was adorable and I hope that all of the noses made it home safely! 


Let me tell you! I never knew all the options of activities and FUN things that I could do as a teacher! I often think back to student teaching and thinking that my life would be consumed with worksheets and test and all those "teachery things."

But, in all reality Kindergarten is full of hands on learning and being able to see their learning through play and enriching activities. Now, I am not gullible enough to think that every activity that I do is important and beneficial because I know better! But, I do believe that my students have fun in my classroom and they learn something new each day!

I love my classroom and can't wait to share more with you! Catch up at it's finest... 

Happy Thanksgiving week! :)

Ms. Patton

No comments:

Post a Comment