Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The one with the pumpkin.


You know those weeks where you just feel like you have a plan and you love what you are talking about. Well, pumpkins do that to me! I LOVE researching and finding ideas that will help kids see pumpkins up close and personal. 

I have found that so many children have never carved a pumpkin, much less looked on the inside and cleaned a pumpkin out before. It was a eewwy, gooey experience that I am SO glad we got to enjoy together!  We did worksheets, watched videos and talked LOTS about the Life cycle of a pumpkin. The kinders really picked up on this and loved talking about how they grew. The Life Cycle of Pumpkins hat was my favorite activity that we did. The kids did such a good job on coloring and placing the events in order. It was really easy for this teacher and the lesson was presented just as well! 

While on this unit, we went on our Fall Field Trip to Cedar Hill Farms in Hernando, MS. We had such a good day! The weather was beautiful and the students were intrigued and loved seeing all the "fall fun" around them. We did have a OOPS moment in our day though. CH Farms has a play area for kids and we waited to go there last before we loaded the buses. I told all of our students to put their pumpkins on the back wall of a building, and they did to my knowledge. When we were about 10 minutes from loading the bus, we started lining up and guess what? NO PUMPKINS! THEY WERE GONE! Can you imagine the chaos that ensued?


My students were crying from exhaustion and the sheer fact that their pumpkins were missing. Thankfully I talked to the lady at the farm and she let me grab enough of the smaller pumpkins to make up for the pumpkins that were MIA. Wow.. I have never. #welcometotheworldofteachers

FALL is treating us well in Ms. Patton's room. We are dissecting pumpkins, dressing up on Friday for Halloween and enjoying the cool weather!

Also, this song is our treat these days! They love to DANCE for Halloween! :)

Check back often.. we have lots up our sleeves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment