Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First Classroom. :)


Welcome to Miss Patton's room! 

A little tour to show you my first year, 1st grade room. I am loving having a HUGE room but decorating it the way that I want is taking longer than planned. The teacher before me left lots of things that are not useful to me, so cleaning out is also on the to-do list. 

Morning Meeting Center. :)
The theme of bright colors and owls is evident in my classroom. 
Made this owl free-handed. I was a proud teacher. :) Classroom rules. 
He's always watching!
Calendar time. My kiddos are loving this.

The Promethian board. it's wonderful technology for us teachers. I miss my dry erase board, but yes... I do enjoy being able to pull anything from the computer up on it within seconds.
My welcome center. 
holds the germ-x, tissues, lysol spray, and my paper sorter. Can't wait to make a desk fabric cover with that cutesy fabric. 
Birthday and Discipline Chart.
I need to get those birthdays posted!
We're WILD about good behavior. 
We have 5 colors and each mean something different. I hate pulling these things but sometimes that's necessary. 
Our Days in School pocket chart. We have Popsicle sticks and everyday we count how many days we have been have left in school. :)

I love my classroom, I do. But, I also know that it is no-where exactly how I want it. I need to start staying a little later after school to finish it. I know that the learning that my precious firsties are doing is so much more important than what the room looks like BUT I want it to be bright and inviting.

Can't wait to share more excitement from room 12! 

2 comments:

Ms. J said...

Such a cute room!!!!! Have a great year!!!

Miss J

Anonymous said...


Hi there.)

Oh, you ve got such a cute blog!! I love it!
Nice post.))

I need your help (maybe again) ...
Do you anything about PayPal? If yes, can you say me about this system?
thanx.

Post a Comment