Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Back it Up// Open House and Classroom Decor.

I remembered that I had never showed the ins and outs of Open House in my classroom. This is always a very exciting time for me because it sets the tone for the parents and lets the teacher in on little quirks, etc. that are within each child.

For Open House this year, I decided to have a few snacks for the families to enjoy. I had lemonade, cookies and mints. I loved setting up with my Mason Jar drink dispenser and my McCarty pottery tray! The parents and the kids enjoyed snacking and my kids fully expected this on their first day too! One little girl asked me where the cookies were? Whoops!

I did a "scavenger hunt" type walk-through with the parents. When they walked in the door it explained that they needed to visit each station. The first was a sign in page and had directions for them to take the forms that needed to be returned ASAP. The second station was the drop off school supply table. Most of our parents brought their supplies on Meet the Teacher night but a few waited until the first day of school. 

The third station was a place for the student to pick out their seat and for their parents to fill out paperwork. I also had a coloring book that students could take and choose a picture to color while they waited on their parents.The fourth station was the snack table and where my assistant and myself stood to talk to the parents and students. Meet the Teacher went really well and the majority of my class came to see what Kindergarten was going to be all about. 


My room this year is INCREDIBLE compared to the room(size wise) that I had at my previous school. I have enjoyed having more room and being able to spread out during centers, whole group, etc. I love decorating a room to be a fun place that kids can enjoy and learn! I love all the bright colors and the DIY aspect of all of my accessories. My reading nook is my favorite because we made a "home-y feel" using two file cabinets and a curtain rod. I added wooden pallet book shelves that are super special because my daddy made them! The kids love to put their library books in them and cuddle up to read.

I am SO proud of my room and I can't wait to keep you updated on the progress of our room!

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment